The Philosophy Department at UConn is one of the best places in the world for Philosophical Logic and for Africana Philosophy, as well as for the study of the concept of Truth. It is an outstanding place to study Philosophy of Mind and Language from the standpoint of Cognitive Science, as well as Social Epistemology, and also Virtue Theory.
We have recently instituted the UConn Assistant Research Professor Program, in which we hire three young faculty for three year terms devoted to research with a light teaching load.
Recent Ph.D.s have secured positions at St. Andrews University, Oxford University and The Naval Post-Graduate School, the University of Delhi, the University of Iowa, the University of Idaho, the University of Konstanz, Monash University, Yonsei University, Muhlenberg College, Quinnipiac University, the University of Minnesota--Duluth, the Czech Academy of Sciences, the University of California--Merced, TPX Communications, and Cycorp. The current group of graduate students come from Greece, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, China, Japan, Canada, South Korea, India, Turkey, Pakistan, Germany, Argentina, and the United Kingdom, as well as the U.S.
Read the story, Defying the Humanities Crisis.
Philosophy Department, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-1054 / firstname.lastname@example.org / 1-860-486-4416
News & Announcements
- Michael Lynch: Board of Trustees Distinguished ProfessorPosted on April 24, 2019
- Phillip Barron: Book Award for Philosophical PoetryPosted on April 23, 2019
- First Things First: Why I Study PhilosophyPosted on April 17, 2019
- Why Study Philosophy?Posted on March 13, 2019
- Susan Schneider: Distinguished Visiting Scholar, Library of CongressPosted on January 9, 2019
- Philosophy Department Published Books (2018):Posted on January 3, 2019