The Philosophy Department at UConn is internationally recognized as a top place to do research in Africana Philosophy, Philosophical Logic, Philosophy of Mind and Language from the standpoint of Cognitive Science, Aesthetics, Social Epistemology, Virtue Theory, and more. The department is a leader in public philosophy, with members addressing topics such as the ethics of artificial intelligence, language and genocide, political epistemology, and shifting the geography of reason. Two journals are headquartered here: Journal of Philosophical Research and Journal for the History of Analytic Philosophy.
We have instituted the UConn Assistant Research Professor Program, in which we hire three young faculty for three year terms devoted to research with a light teaching load.
Recent Ph.D.s have secured positions at St. Andrews University, Oxford University and The Naval Post-Graduate School, the University of Delhi, the University of Iowa, the University of Idaho, the University of Konstanz, Monash University, Yonsei University, Muhlenberg College, Quinnipiac University, the University of Minnesota--Duluth, the Czech Academy of Sciences, the University of California--Merced, TPX Communications, and Cycorp. The current group of graduate students come from Greece, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, China, Japan, Canada, South Korea, India, Turkey, Pakistan, Germany, Argentina, and the United Kingdom, as well as the U.S.
Philosophy Department, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-1054 / firstname.lastname@example.org / 1-860-486-4416
News & Announcements
- Recent Publications by some Graduate AlumniPosted on January 30, 2020
- Peimin Ni: MLA prize winnerPosted on January 21, 2020
- Dorit Bar-On: NEH FellowshipPosted on January 20, 2020
- Junior position in Ancient Greek Philosophy: soft deadline of Nov 1Posted on October 24, 2019
- Susan Schneider: Artificial YouPosted on October 23, 2019
- Michael Lynch: 2019 Orwell AwardPosted on October 8, 2019