- After successfully defending his dissertation on April 22, Dana Francisco Miranda begins as a new Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Muhlenberg College starting in Fall 2019.
- Nathan Kellen successfully defended his dissertation, titled “Pluralisms about Truth and Logic” in August. He is currently a Visiting Assistant Professor at Kansas State University’s Department of Philosophy.
- Jared Henderson successfully defended his dissertation, titled “Degrees and Deflationism”, on April 11. In June, he started a new career in artificial intelligence development as an Ontological Engineer at Cycorp in Austin, TX.
- Kristin Culbertson will be teaching Buddhism and Social Justice as a Visiting Assistant Professor at Wesleyan University in the spring of 2020.
- Phillip Barron will be a Predoctoral Fellow in the Philosophy Department at Lewis & Clark College for 2019-2021.
The notes available here were produced by Dorit Bar-On in preparation for meetings of a reading group on Ruth Millikan’s Beyond Concepts: Unicepts, Language, and Natural Information, and were lightly edited by Ruth. The notes were prepared for online publication with the help of Drew Johnson.
See an interview with Michael Lynch about his new book, Know-It-All Society: Truth and Arrogance in Political Culture.
Read an excerpt of the book in the fall issue of UConn Magazine.